Resilience is a complex topic. Regardless of your level of resilience expertise, there are a lot of training and technical assistance resources available to AmeriCorps VISTA projects. This page will help empower you to access and use them.
The VISTA campus includes descriptions and links for a set of curated resilience resources relevant to Resilience AmeriCorps projects and other AmeriCorps VISTA work. You can also download the entire list of curated resources HERE. Here is a taste of what is available:
- Contact information for technical assistance providers and subject matter experts.
- Resilience-AmeriCorps specific resources, including a Resilience Online Self-Study Course and Resilience AmeriCorps Program Framework
- Resilience networks, like Resilience Dialogues and The American Society of Adaptation Professionals (ASAP).
- Trainings: For example - Introducing Green Infrastructure for Coastal Communities, an in-person course led by an instructor from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
- Grants: For example, Section 108 Loan Guarantee Program, a source of economic development funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Tools: for example, Environmental Justice Screening and Mapping Tool (EJSCREEN) from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Guides: for example, Community Resilience Planning Guide from the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Case studies/reports: Learn from other communities’ experiences doing resilience work through case studies, like these case studies on the U.S. Climate Resilience Toolkit.
You can search for these resources using the regular search bar in the top right corner of all VISTA Campus webpages. Type in any keyword relevant to your project topic or the task you’re trying to complete, or use one or more of the following tags:
Find resources related to a specific type of resilience challenge or solution by using one of these tags/keywords:
- Assessing Risk
- Identifying Hazards
- Assessing Vulnerability
- Identifying Assets
- Community Planning
- Community Outreach
- Building Partnerships
- Community Education
- Communicating Risk
- Working with Volunteers
- Fundraising/Resource Development
Find resources to help you develop a particular resilience-building skill by using one of these tags/keywords:
- Extreme Weather
- Natural Hazards
- Economic Opportunity
- Infrastructure/Green Infrastructure
- Hunger/Food Security
- Natural and Cultural Resources
Find resources related to a specific low-income population by using one of these tags/keywords:
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Check out a comprehensive federal resilience resource portal.