You can print your Certification of Service Letter through your account on My.AmeriCorps.gov. Simply:
- Go to https://My.AmeriCorps.gov
- Enter your username/password
- From the left-hand column, click on "Service Letters"
- Select the appropriate "Service Dates" from the drop down menu
- Click on "Letter Type" and choose Certification of Service
- Enter your address or the address of whomever you're sending the letter. If you have any username/password problems or need assistance, please call 866.942.2677 or email VMSU@cns.gov.
For more information about Non-Competitive Eligibility Status, please see the NCE section of the VISTA Benefits Hub.
Under CSRS or FERS Federal Employees Retirement Systems, you can make a service credit deposit payment for completed periods of VISTA and/or Peace Corps volunteer service (excluding training time). Both CSRS and FERS employees can make a service credit deposit for VISTA and/or Peace Corps volunteer service, regardless of the year in which the service was performed. This deposit will make the VISTA and/or Peace Corp service creditable in the calculation of any future pension amount. Unpaid deposits are charged interest over time.
For VISTA service credit complete the following steps:
- Obtain a copy of your VISTA Certification of Service letter by contacting the National Service Hotline at 866.942.2677 or VMSU@cns.gov.
- Check to be sure that the letter you receive shows a dollar amount, not $0. All letters should show an amount. If the letter shows $0, re-contact the National Service Hotline at 866.942.2677 or VMSU@cns.gov.
- Provide the VISTA letter to your Office of Human Capital/Human Resources, and be sure to advise them that you would like to make a service credit deposit.
- Your Human Capital representative will advise you concerning your submission of your VISTA letter, along with the appropriate form for Application to Make Service Credit Payment.
You can connect with other alumni several ways:
- Register (if you haven’t already) on the VISTA Campus. Creating a user profile allows you to reach out to members and alums.
- Search for members and alums through the map and send them messages through learning connections.
- Send a message through Facebook.
Go to NationalServiceGear.gov to get vintage VISTA tees and other AmeriCorps VISTA branded gear!
is a national network that convenes the alumni of all AmeriCorps national service programs. Since 2005, AmeriCorps Alums has been an enterprise of Points of Light dedicated to building a community of experienced volunteer leaders committed to a lifetime of service. Alums are encouraged to fully realize their potential by building connections and engaging with others to create transformational change in their communities.
Here’s what AmeriCorps Alums can do for you:
- CONVENE Alumni in Local Chapters
- LEAD in National Professional and Leadership Development
- SUPPORT Life After AmeriCorps with Member Benefits
- ELEVATE Alumni as Advocates
Please contact us at VISTAOutreach@cns.gov