1967 Suzy Smith Cycle 5 VISTAs in the UP

Forum posting
No votes yet

It has been some 43 years since we all gathered in Marquette, MI for our training. Who could have known what were about to face? I think we all have various memories of the time we spent in Detriot (mispelling in accordance with sign in Gantt Hall when the last of us returned to NMU)after the riots and the old Tuller Hotel. Don't know how many of us from the group are left but it would be fun to hear from some of you. Ironically, I am now teaching online at Bay Mills Community College just outside of Ste. Sault Marie, where Jim Young and I had our first field assignment during our 6 weeks of training.

Hello, Suzy,

I was in the VISTA training at Northern Michigan University in 1966. My field placements were in the Western part of the UP during training. Sue Sperry and I were assigned to Cooperative Extension Service in Southeastern Ohio for our year of service. Where are you living now. I see where you do online teaching for Bay Mills Community College. We are in Gaylord which is not too far away from Ste. Sault Marie.
Your name doesn't ring a bell with me but the years do strange things to the memory. Hope to hear from you.
Sincerely, Ruthann (Sutton) Kyle

No votes yet