Counselor/Case Manager/ Advocate
Do you desire to inspire people with mental illness to reclaim their lives? For over 50 years, Thresholds has provided progressive community mental health treatment aimed at helping individuals define their personal recovery paths and live independent and fulfilling lives. Thresholds are seeking social-justice minded individuals with exceptional interpersonal skills to:
- Provide direct service to clients through individual and group counseling/therapy, vocational support, crisis intervention, and psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Teach independent and community living skills.
- Coach around the development of a functional, interpersonal support system.
- Promote the development of problem-solving and coping skills.
- Advocate with personal and administrative collaterals including family and significant others, medical care providers, and other agencies such as the SSA, DHS, and CHA.
- Facilitate access to quality and stable housing.
Thresholds offer comprehensive compensation and benefits package; ongoing training and continuing education; opportunities for internal promotion; and clinical supervision for individuals working towards LCSW/LCPC licensure. We are proudly a recipient of the Chicago Tribune “Top Workplaces" for five consecutive years and a 10-time winner of Chicago’s “101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" as well as the Most Meaningful place to work in 2016. Consider being part of an organization that fosters collaboration between its staff and those we serve, our members, and where employees are recognized as invaluable assets who truly make a difference. Thresholds encourage individuals who have experienced mental health recovery to apply.
Interested candidates should minimally possess a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or a related field; a Master’s in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or Rehabilitation Services is preferred.
- Experience working with persons diagnosed with mental illness preferred.
- Ability to work as an effective team player.
- Ability to document services provided in an Electronic Health Record in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Daily access to a personal vehicle is required.
- Must obtain and maintain $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 bodily injuries and liability insurance.
- Subject to validation every six months.
- May be required to provide transportation for members of the program using a Thresholds provided vehicle or personal vehicle.
- Must meet all insurance carrier’s requirements.
- Fluent in American Sign Language
- Clean and valid driver’s license
- Subject to the annual Department of Motor Vehicles license verification.
“Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran”
How to apply