Experience International seeks a Study Tour Program Director to oversee and administer its Study Tour program. This leadership position will nurture existing groups/networks and have a primary role in building and shaping the program into the future.
Experience International (EI) is a non-profit organization that embraces and creates opportunities for international understanding and human resource development through technical and cultural exchange. With a focus on the agricultural sector, Experience International collaborates with schools/colleges, professional organizations, and other groups worldwide to design Study Tours to the United States, Latin America and Central & Western Europe. EI also works with an increasing number of non-agricultural groups that include cultural and people-to-people exchanges that fall within our mission.
Study tours are unique, high-quality 7-21 day cultural/technical exchanges/experiences for farmers, leaders, teachers, students (aged 18-25), and other community groups. Group size ranges from 25-55. EI customizes each trip to the group’s interests and develops an itinerary to take participants off the beaten track and combine both technical and cultural exchange with recreation and sightseeing. The trips enable participants to become acquainted with key issues and industries related to their areas of study, professional and personal interests.
The Study Tour Program Director is a full time, fast-paced position that includes the opportunity to teach without the confines of the classroom and travel both domestically and internationally. The Study Tour Director is directly responsible to the Executive Director and will promote, organize, administer and lead Study Tours.
The Program Director must have agricultural experience and the ability to learn about the agriculture in our travel destinations. The position requires a team player that is a flexible problem solver, detail oriented, energetic, outgoing, well spoken, and can command and inspire a group. It requires prior tour/group leadership experience with both young adults and professionals and the flexibility to travel 6-10 weeks of the year for 2-3 weeks at a time.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Nurture and continue partnerships with on-going groups
- Cultivate emerging opportunities for study tour groups and partnerships and increase number and diversity of study tours
- Participate in strategic planning for Study Tour Program with Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Oversee tour and itinerary development
- Develop and manage tour budgets and logistics
- Lead and guide groups
- Train, mentor and supervise tour leaders for other EI trips
- Ensure quality control and evaluate all tours
- Degree in Agricultural Education, Agriculture, or Related Science
- 5-years or more of professional experience
- Demonstrated professional leadership and group facilitation experience
- Experiential learning and program development background
- Budget, logistics and group trip planning experience
- Experience working with both youth and adults
- International work experience including international networking
- US Citizen with valid passport
- Clear background check and driving record
- Marketing and Promotion skills
- Spanish speaker
TERM, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Full-time permanent position beginning August 1, 2019
- Starting salary $55,000-$60,000
- Contributions to health and retirement plans
- Additional benefits include:
- Paid travel in the USA, Latin America and Europe
How to apply
Experience International has a multi-step interview process. Finalists will accompany the Executive Director for 2-4 days on a Study Tour and run a portion of the Tour as part of their evaluation process.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis until the right fit is found. For best consideration, please don’t delay in submitting materials.
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current CV or Resume
- Cover letter that clearly addresses how you meet each “required qualification” on the position description and, if relevant, how you meet the “preferred qualifications”. Please also address why you think you are the right person to fill this position and how you will contribute to the overall Experience International mission.
- Two letters of recommendation from past employers. At least one of these must speak to how you are a fit for this position.