Who we are:
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) is dedicated to providing immediate, effective, and comprehensive employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. CEO’s programs help participants regain the skills and confidence needed for successful transitions to stable, productive lives. CEO serves more than 6,000 participants a year, giving them the opportunity to support themselves and their families, remain crime-free, and contribute positively to their communities.
strengthen CEO’s institutional voice and build CEO’s growing national brand by driving the development and execution of CEO’s communication strategy. This is an exciting leadership opportunity for an individual interested in elevating sector and community awareness of and engagement with an organization aiming to have deep and broad impact within the criminal justice reform and reentry-workforce movements.
Who You Are:
- You’ve generated content for multiple mediums and audiences, including websites (website copy and blogs), social media platforms, print and online news platforms (opinion editorials, articles), funders (proposals, case statements, reports), etc.
- You have the ability to effectively lead a team to meet tight deadlines, re-prioritizing as needed, communicating potential conflicts before they arise, and balancing and executing on feedback from a variety of collaborators.
- You have experience developing, curating CEO’s website and content.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Develop style guides and other communications tools for use by staff.
- Able to use Salesforce to manage your team’s performance.
- A BA in Journalism, English, Communications, or a related discipline, is required
Compensation and Benefits
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.<span ,="" sans-serif;"="" style="background-color: transparent; font-size: 11pt; font-family: "Proxima Nova"; outline: none !important;">
How to apply
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter, resume, and writing portfolio (containing at least five pieces of work that have been published or used publicly by previous employers) through the link provided. Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.