About the Role
New Classrooms is seeking a versatile and highly organized team member to oversee our office operations and provide critical support to our Human Resources team. The Operations & HR Associate will drive all aspects of office management with the goal of ensuring a clean, efficient, inviting, and productive workspace for our team. The Associate will also serve as a critical member of our HR team, assuming ownership of key functions and providing administrative support.
- You are highly organized and love creating and maintaining efficient systems and processes
- You can keep up and roll with any ambiguous situation, making on-the-spot decisions without sacrificing attention to detail or quality
- You are passionate about creating an efficient and welcoming environment for your coworkers
- You can juggle multiple priorities and can deftly switch between types of work while staying organized
- You are capable of appropriately handling sensitive and confidential information
- You can maintain optimism in the face of challenges and are not easily flustered, taking pressure in stride
- You are flexible, willing and able to continuously adjust to the ever changing needs and priorities of a dynamic organization
- You have a great sense of humor
- You are passionate about our mission
What You’ll Do
Drive key office operations functions with the goal of maintaining an efficient, clean, and smooth running office environment:
- Support all local staff with general office and environment needs;
- Serve as lead liaison for all building and landlord related concerns including emergency planning, scheduling work orders, reserving freight elevators, etc.;
- Oversee upkeep and maintenance of various office equipment and systems including HVAC, kitchen appliances, and copier machine;
- Receive and distribute mail, organizational email, and voicemail;
- Procure, track, and maintain office inventory including supplies, kitchen goods, and furniture and technology assets, manage office budgets, and Manage small goods purchasing;
- Oversee office reception functions;
- Manage office cleanliness, organization and decor and maintain a stocked kitchen and coordinate kitchen cleaning.
Support Human Resources functions in coordination with the Director of Human Resources:
- Manage HR systems including benefits, time sheet, and human resource information systems;
- Assist with on-boarding and off-boarding employees and help design new processes as needed;
- Organize and maintain human resources files;
- Assist with payroll processing;
- Respond to employment verification requests;
- Assist with benefits questions and escalate as appropriate;
- Support with Human Resources functions and projects as needed.
Support other functions of the business operations department:
- Drive organizational wellness initiatives;
- Manage scheduling and maintenance for our corporate apartment or alternative accommodations for visiting staff;
- Reconcile debit card expenses;
- Other functions as needed.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-4 years of experience with increasing responsibility in fast paced environments, ideally in a customer facing or support role where organization and friendly service were critical
- Strong communications skills -- written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to make connections with a diverse group of colleagues
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with HR administration preferred; interest in gaining deeper understanding of HR functions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How to apply
Please apply here: https://newclassrooms.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=278