HealthRIGHT 360's Resource Center provides education services, employment services, housing services, and economic and supportive services to established patients of the Haight-Ashbury Free Clinic at the Integrated Care Center (1563 Mission Street). This department focuses on the strengths and skill sets of each individual and fosters a professional environment where everyone feel valued and respected as they work towards their goals. In addition to scheduled workshops, staff provide individual case management services and referrals.
The Computer Lab Instructor manages the HealthRIGHT 360 Resource Center Computer Lab serving clients with varying levels of computer skills, including basic/introductory. Teaches computer skills workshops, initiates and provides ongoing individual assistance and instruction to clients, maintains and supervises the open lab sessions for clients, collaborates with colleagues on other functions of the Resource Center and provides administrative support for the department. Maintains collaborations with community based computer instruction providers.
Computer Lab Responsibilities:
Supports and oversees computer lab users who are learning basic computer skills and pursuing employment, housing and educational opportunities. Works one-on-one with clients to write and modify cover letters and resumes, fill out master applications and online applications, research and apply to employment, housing and educational opportunities and other related tasks. Collaborates with teammates to motivate and inspire clients to set and reach computer and re-entry related goals. Exercises good judgment on a regular basis to determine the appropriateness of user activities in the lab.
Responsible for maintaining the only HealthRIGHT 360 Northern CA Computer Lab for client and staff training and events requiring computer access. Collaborates with the training department, clinical staff and IT department to arrange computer-based trainings, installs needed software for trainings and classes, and provides technical support for client and staff events as needed.
Monitors the computer lab during open hours to ensure the lab is being used appropriately. Ensures that users are following lab rules and redirects client activity as needed in a friendly and assertive manner. Ensures that the lab is in working order at all times; performs basic computer maintenance and collaborates with IT staff to resolve any technical problems or workflow disruptions.
Administrative Support Responsibilities:
Provides administrative support to other members of the Resource Center as needed. Maintains supply closet and completes monthly supply orders. Completes required documentation for the computer lab: sign-in sheets, client lists, electronic documentation, etc. Attends weekly staff meetings and other meetings as required. Assists with data entry for other components as assigned. Facilitates weekly certificate meeting. Assists the training department as necessary. Assists with the recruiting and supervising of volunteers/interns in the computer lab.
Works as a cohesive part of the Resource Center team to attend daily and weekly meetings, collaborates on special projects and supports data collection and data management activities. Collaborates as needed with the Training Department and IT Department.
Workshop/Support Group Responsibilities:
Facilitates weekly computer classes. Determines the technical ability of each user and identifies or develops appropriate programming, as applicable. Also develops curriculum for special workshops and other programming that would benefit clients. Assists with the facilitation of morning meetings and other groups.
Community Collaboration Responsibilities:
Works in collaboration the Training Department and HealthRIGHT 360 Resource Center staff to design and facilitate regularly scheduled and ad hoc workshops. Develops and maintains relationships with community partners to provide workshops and classes for clients and staff in the HealthRIGHT 360 Northern CA Computer Lab. Supervises and cultivates relationships with volunteers and interns.
And, other duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BA in Sociology, Education, Psychology or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including knowledge of standard business correspondence etiquette
- Excellent end-user computer skills and high comfort level with computer systems
- Mastery of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet applications
- Customer service orientation with a strong value for helping others
- Ability to teach computer skills to adult learners in a confident and engaging manner
- Above-average patience, and enthusiasm for facilitating learning
- Enthusiasm for working with diverse, disadvantaged populations with multiple barriers to educational and vocational success, including low literacy, learning disabilities, physical disabilities, & impaired cognitive functioning
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Creative and problem-solving attitude and a desire to work as a part of a team
- Ability to adhere to a pre-determined schedule and an appreciation for the importance of punctuality
- Open-minded and learning attitude
- Self motivated and proactive with a high degree of initiative and creative energy
- Enjoys and is skilled at motivating others
How to apply
To apply please go to: