Position Overview:The Finance and Award Administrator plays an integral role in supporting Jumpstart’s Finance team in all aspects of the department’s work. This customer-service oriented role is responsible for cultivating and strengthening relationships with site staff, site fiscal staff, and other staff members across the organization. The Finance and Award Administrator is expected to build and maintain a high-level view of the connection between Finance and Jumpstart’s field and site staff and coordinate and implement systems accordingly. This position plays an instrumental role in supporting national initiatives that have a direct impact on field operations, in particular a high level of attention to compliance in terms of finance, grants management, and AmeriCorps rules and regulations. This highly visible and collaborative role plays a lead role in educating and offering training and support to the organization and appropriate stakeholders. The Finance and Award Administrator reports directly to the Controller.Specific responsibilities Grants Management
- Support monthly and quarterly reporting and invoicing to AmeriCorps commissions
- Support regular budgeting and reporting requests for private foundations and corporations
- Support member stipend review process in conjunction with other Finance staff and support site staff with member stipends
Field Fiscal Support
- Take lead on providing helpful and timely customer service to sites and site fiscal staff, including providing impromptu training and ongoing inbox management
- Provide a lead support role in site fiscal support in areas such as the Site Application Process, Cooperative Agreements, Mid-Year Check Ins, Budget Modifications, and year-end closeout
- Work with Financial Analyst to ensure smooth and timely mid-year check in and year-end closeout processes for sites
- Support University fiscal representatives in completing and submitting monthly Periodic Expense Reports (PERs)
Systems, Data, and Knowledge Management
- Assist with data entry and management of Jumpstart’s PER system
- Create and maintain Finance-led trainings for site staff and other stakeholders
- Manage and maintain Finance section on Jumpstart’s intranet.
- Create and update site informational documents and templates.
- Identify and support system connections, relationships, and integrations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Desire to engage in extensive relationship building and collaboration; consistent service orientation and commitment to excellence and professionalism
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to plan, implement, and balance multiple responsibilities and projects while performing at a high level in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values: learning, connection, determination, joy and kindness
- Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
Preferred or Ideal
- Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
- Systems-minded with proved project management skills
- Eagerness to solicit feedback, propose solutions, and demonstrate flexibility and desire to continuous improvement
- Experience with, exposure to, or willingness to learn Salesforce, Sage Intacct, Adaptive Insights
How to apply
- Flexible location from one of Jumpstart’s Field Offices in Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; or Washington, DC
- Applicants must be able to work from either one of these locations on a full-time basis
Salary - $55,000; along with competitive venefits and a great work environment
To Apply: Please complete and online application at https://www.jstart.org/about/careers/. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis.