This position is in the Department of the Chief Program Officer, Office of AmeriCorps VISTA, VISTA Member Support Unit (VMSU), in Washington, D.C. VMSU provides a full range of technical support services for AmeriCorps Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA) members who are serving nationwide on behalf of the Corporation for National and Community Service.
The VISTA Member Support Specialist will serve as one of several VMSU Specialists responsible for providing the full range of pre-service, in-service, and post-service technical support services for AmeriCorps Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA) members who are serving nationwide on behalf of the Corporation for National and Community Service. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage VISTA member placement by ensuring that candidates enter required information into the Portal.
- Perform a wide range of support through review of member and state office self-entry of data in the payroll.
- Process requests for lost checks/direct deposits; prepare and process obligations and payments.
- Review and recommend policy and procedural changes to improve business operations and mission delivery.
- Educate and reinforce policy with members, CNCS staff and the public in accordance with guidelines, regulations and procedures.
- Create and secure all member files in accordance with the agency's internal security and PII standards.
- Conduct annual fiscal of archiving of member records as assigned.
- Conduct routine reporting in support of customer service, workload and administrative functions using several resources (My AmeriCorps, RightNow, Discoverer, Crystal Reports, eSpan, etc.).
How to apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire, which is available to preview here https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10688244, along with submitting the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on 02/10/20.
To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the Agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.