Located in Westport, CT, Horizons National currently serves 62 affiliate sites across 19 states. Each affiliate site (typically on the campus of an independent school, college, or university) serves low-income students, starting in kindergarten and going through high school. Last year, we served over 6,000 students.
Since the central office acts as a “backbone” to the entire organization, you’ll be involved in service that will help us expand and develop our organizational and financial capacity. You’ll work directly with Horizons National staff members to assist and empower our affiliates and their management teams.
As a VISTA Leader, this person will have the opportunity to help lead the national VISTA project, helping support and manage a projected 12 other full-time VISTAs and 30 Summer Associates that are placed at our affiliates across the country. This gives the member an exciting opportunity to gain rich experience and responsibility, while also being able to network and connect in a unique way that will enhance his/her service year.
We are especially looking for experience with and/or interest in project management, communication, data analysis, and marketing, along with the usual Microsoft Office suite.
We are extremely mission driven, and the work we do leads directly to helping transform the lives of students, families, and communities across the country.
- Lead the Horizons VISTA Cohort by means of report and data tracking/collection, facilitating monthly virtual gatherings, leading team-building and professional development, and one-on-one support as needed.
- Support the Summer Associate VISTA Members across the network by means of report and data tracking/collection and one-on-one support as needed.
- Work with the Affiliate team to identify ways we can continue to tell the story of our work using graphics and data analysis.
- Help build out both online and in-person professional development resources for various stakeholders in the network.
- Assist in the recruitment process for the next VISTA service year, working with site supervisors throughout the network to recruit the best possible candidates.
- Standard VISTA Benefits (Childcare assistance if eligible, Choice of education award or stipend, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance , Relocation allowance, Training)
- Additional Living Stipend
How to apply
Apply through the AmeriCorps Portal at this link: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=71532&fromSearch=true