Community Resource Centers are designed to provide customers and residents a safe location to meet basic power needs (i.e., charging cell phones and laptops and Wi-Fi access where possible), and provide up-to-date information in neighborhoods and communities when a community wide power safety shutoff event occurs.
Southwest Strategies is looking for qualified candidates to serve as on-call Customer Service Leads (CSLs) at Community Resource Centers. The 6-month assignment begins June 1 but we are hiring Leads at an ongoing basis.
Work would range from 1-3 days and will likely include 8-hour shifts, working with community members during emergency situations. CSLs will be responsible for:
- Managing 1-2 Customer Service Support staff
- Greeting customers, managing inquiries, handing out supplies
- Leading safety briefings before shifts
- Checking in with the Emergency Operation Center (EOC) on escalated issues
- Supporting CRC setup, including setting up signage and supplies
- Coordinating with media team on media inquiries
- Providing clear and detailed reports during and after each shift
- Maintaining consistency between shift changes by communicating with incoming/outgoing Community Service Lead
- Be at least 18 years of age
- 2+ years’ work experience in a community outreach or customer service position with direct customer contact in a high-paced, structured environment
- Ability to use a smart phone application or other reporting tools to track CRC attendance, resources, information, etc.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, extended hours, nights, weekends
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Valid California driver’s license with clean DMV record
- Ability to report to work location on short notice (typically 24-48 hours from time of notification)
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience (Required)
- One location
- 8 hour shift
- On call
How to apply
If you’re interested in the position, please send a resume to email@example.com.