The U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) announces an open call for resumes from RPCVs and transitioning AmeriCorps staff with noncompetitive eligibility (NCE). This is not a guarantee of employment.
SSA is seeking job applicants with exceptional customer service skills for a Claims Specialist (CS) positions in the Los Angeles (Koreatown) area.
• Provides direct service to the public.
• Conducts interviews and adjudicate customer’s claims for retirement, survivors and disability benefits.
• Works with beneficiaries to establish continuing eligibility for payment.
• Provides assistance with administrative appeals.
• Authorizes payment.
• Offers referral services.
• Identifies and investigates potential program abuse.
Assist the public in person or by phone to establish entitlement to Social Security benefits. Your contacts will allow you to obtain, clarify and verify data used to analyze claims and make benefit entitlement decisions. Before beginning the job, Claims Reps must successfully complete a four month paid training program.
GS-5: Experience that shows the ability to perform the listed duties OR 4 years of college leading to a bachelor's degree OR a bachelor's degree OR combo of experience & education.
GS-7: Experience that shows ability to perform listed duties OR 1yr of graduate level education OR bachelor's degree & superior academic achievement in a related field OR a combination of experience & education.
Visit our public contact career website at https://www.ssa.gov/careers/ for more information.
How to apply
eMail your statment of interest, resume, and NCE letter to firstname.lastname@example.org