Position: VISTA & Office Manager
Reports to: MAVA Executive Director
Status: Exempt - Full Time
Organization Summary: MAVA connects, educates, strengthens and advocates for volunteer engagement leaders and their organizations to positively impact communities.
Job Purpose: This position involves program management of MAVA’s AmeriCorps VISTA program, provides clerical/administrative support to the executive director, and manages office and financial operations for all programs.
Manages MAVA AmeriCorps VISTA program (70% time)
- Recruits, on-boards, and supervises AmeriCorps VISTA Leader
- In absence of VISTA Leader, coordinates monthly cohort trainings and check-ins with VISTA members
- Completes program and financial reports; fulfills all VISTA program reporting requirements
- Recruits, selects, and trains AmeriCorps VISTA host sites
- Directs VISTA member recruitment and orientation and supports host sides with developing VISTA project plans and position descriptions
- Supports host sites and VISTA members with project and personnel challenges throughout the service year
Administrative Support and Office Management (30% time)
- Processes accounts receivable and payable and conducts month end data entry and reconciliation for the contract bookkeeper
- Manages event registration and billing for MAVA trainings and events
- Manages billing, grant drawdowns and invoicing for all payments due to MAVA
- Purchases office supplies, processes mail, and maintains office files
- Manages staff benefits administration
- Manages office cloud storage system and organizational Google accounts
- Manages organization technology and support needs
- Manages volunteer engagement systems
- Manages website updates; monitors need for updating
- Responds to general inquiries and requests for assistance from MAVA members
- Other duties as assigned by executive director
- Excellent oral and written communication, attention to detail, and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills
- Extensive experience in program management and office administration or comparable work experience
- Ability to successfully manage competing priorities and complex projects through delegation
- Experience recruiting, engaging with and supervising volunteers
- Ability to streamline processes and maximize organizational operating efficiencies
- Access to a reliable method of transportation and a state issued identification card
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous work for a nonprofit
- Experience with national service programs
- MAVA’s Certificate in Leadership of Volunteers or completion of other volunteer management training
- Experience with event planning, bookkeeping, databases, webinars and website management
MAVA is dedicated to growing a diverse and culturally competent team of highly engaged staff and volunteers to reflect and equitably serve the vibrant community around us. We embrace differences in age, ability, color, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, race, religion, and sexual orientation. We strongly encourage the application of individuals from diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to: Black, Indigenous, and people of color; immigrants and refugees; LBGTQIA individuals; people with disabilities; religious minorities; and the elderly.
MAVA is recognized as an employer of National Service with the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Location: This position will be based at the MAVA Office, 970 Raymond Ave, Ste G-70, Saint Paul, MN 55114. Remote work is possible due to COVID-19.
How to apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com