Catholic Charities is one of the largest, most comprehensive human services agencies in Northern California, reaching more than 32,000 individuals a year in San Francisco, San Mateo, and Marin counties. We tackle some of the most pressing challenges in our community – homelessness, generational poverty, inequality, aging in isolation, HIV-AIDS, and immigration to name a few – with determination, expertise, and collaborative problem-solving with those we serve. As an integral part of our communities, we work to keep our neighborhoods diverse, productive, safe, and healthy through our more than 30 programs, comprehensive services, and social justice advocacy.. We bolster our neighbors – single mothers, adults and families experiencing homelessness, adults with disabilities, seniors, children and youth, people living with HIV/AIDS, and immigrants – when they need help, solutions, and hope. We are compassionate caregivers, ardent advocates, and champions of those in need. If you are eager to have a substantive impact on the lives of others and the health of our community, apply here. Join us as we change lives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide intensive case management services to families enrolled in the SF HOME Program that includes a minimum of two in-person contacts per month; one being a home-based contact
- Provide ongoing support services by developing and monitoring an individualized case plan for each family with appropriate goals, objectives, and timelines
- Act as a positive support liaison between landlords and program participants to ensure housing stability
- Maintain continuity of services by coordinating new and existing outside service providers
- Assist families to access appropriate resources and take appropriate actions relative to vocational training, job development/placement, housing maintenance, income improvement and childcare
- Maintain an open relationship with relevant family service providers involved with aftercare families
- Participate in related program, organization and community meetings as assigned
- Maintain proper client and program documentation. Computer data entry as needed
- Work in collaboration with other team members and Program Director in the design and implementation of program operations and policies
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
• Master’s Degree and 2 years experience or Bachelor’s Degree and four years related experience preferred
• Previous experience locating and maintaining affordable family housing
• Experience working with families in crisis
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong coordination skills
• Knowledge of community resources for families transitioning from homelessness
• Strong knowledge of substance abuse and mental health issues and treatment models
• Ability to assess emergency situations and react accordingly by accessing appropriate medical/social systems
• Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
• Ability to speak Spanish or Cantonese a plus
• Knowledge of mandatory reporting requirements for people working with children
• Knowledge of issues facing homeless families
• Must be able to read and write English
• Access to a reliable vehicle to be used for home visits preferred (mileage paid by the agency)
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks with strong organizational skill
• Ability to design systems and processes to track data and monitor progress
• Teamwork and cooperation
• Organizational awareness
• Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge, and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Intermittent bending, standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, twisting, and walking
- Intermittent lifting, pushing, and pulling
- Frequent repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading
- Driving is required for this position
If driving a car is required for the position, incumbent must have a valid California driver's license and be able to provide proof of DMV record and personal insurance (if required).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Noise level is moderate
- The work environment will include children ages 3 months to 5 years
- The worker is subject to outside environmental conditions
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
CATHOLIC CHARITIES IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and is committed to providing equal employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, legal domicile status, veteran status, disability or AIDS/HIV status or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Department or Program: SF HOME
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Union status: Union
Fingerprinting clearance: Required
TB Screening: Required
First Aid Certificate: Standard First Aid required
How to apply