Position Title: Outreach Worker – York Site
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Overview: To deliver high quality outreach services to young people in need on the street or in programs by making contact with them and beginning a relationship with the goal of removing them from the street.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- To make contact with youth on the street or in other unsafe situations and deliver street based services such as counseling, emergency referrals, basic needs (e.g. food, blankets, or clothing).
- Ensure the safety of the Outreach staff and youth served by following proper Outreach policies and procedures.
- Develop relationships within the Community Drop In Center to ensure that youth needs are meet in an immediate and effective manner inline with agency Mission and philosophy.
- Maintain accurate documentation of outreach logs; outreach reports, grant reports, progress notes, referrals, initial screenings and other program information.
- Maintain outreach vehicle in clean and good operating condition following proper policies and procedures.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Participate in team case management meetings, case review, transition and other team meetings.
- Accurate and timely completion of all status and grant related reporting and documentation.
- Ensure responsible allocation and documentation of petty cash and resources in accordance with agency polices and procedures.
- Evaluate the location and needs of the youth served with the goal of informing the Outreach Manager to make program changes to meet newly identified issues.
- Be flexible to meet the changing needs of the youth we serve.
- Participate in the development of program resources for the population served.
- Exhibit professional behavior in all interactions with staff and youth.
- Wear proper Outreach attire at every outreach outing for safety and proper identification as Outreach Staff
- Any other duties assigned by management staff.
Knowledge and Skills:
Bachelors degree in a human service or related field; excellent communication and crisis management skills; strong desire to work with at-risk adolescents; ability to handle physically and emotionally challenging situations; excellent assessment and judgment; valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and insurable driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to apply
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org