Position Title: Overnight Youth Advisor
Reports to: Shift Manager/Coordinator or Social Worker
Schedule: 10:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. combination of weekdays/weekends.
Goal of Position: To provide direct, supportive, individualized care in a positive and holistic way to youth accessing services in the Crisis Residential Program.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of client goal plans.
- Supervise all client activity to ensure a safe, healthy environment, which reflects agency principles.
- Facilitate and monitor support services such as meals, activities and all group or individual sessions.
- Inform appropriate personnel, in a timely fashion of any operating issues needing attention.
- Work with clients individually as needed, including escorts (e.g. one to one counseling, providing an escort to appointments, interviews and activities).
- Participate in team case management meetings, case reviews, transition and other team meetings.
- Accurate and comprehensive documentation of information regarding all client interactions, caseload progress, inter or intra-agency contacts or general information pertinent to a youth’s progress.
- Accurate and timely completion of all status and grant related reporting and documentation.
- Ensure responsible allocation and documentation of petty cash and resources in accordance with agency polices and procedures.
- Be flexible to meet the changing needs of the youth we serve.
- Participate in the development of program resources for the population served.
- Exhibit professional behavior in all interactions with staff and youth.
- Assist residents with daily tasks and ensure and provide residential support as needed.
- Any other duties assigned by management staff.
Knowledge and Skills:
Bachelors degree in a human service or related field; excellent communication and crisis management skills; strong desire to work with at-risk adolescents; ability to handle physically and emotionally challenging situations; excellent assessment and judgment; valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to apply
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org