Washington Campus Compact's (WACC) VISTA Leader supports our team's 12 VISTA members and their host sites during their year of service by facilitating team-building activities and team meetings, developing and delivering professional development trainings, and coordinating service projects. Our VISTA Leader engages VISTA members and provides ongoing support and mentoring to enable members to successfully complete and enjoy their term of service. The VISTA Leader will also build capacity for WACC's VISTA program by enhancing the program's recruitment strategies, improving host site training practices, coordinating assessment initiatives, contributing to WACC event planning & implementation, and promoting VISTA impact to stakeholders. Serving as the WACC VISTA Leader brings you into direct contact with many local organizations and leaders, as well as connecting to WACC's state-wide civic engagement network that has been built throughout its existence.
As the VISTA Leader, you will:
- Enhance the success and sustainability of the WACC VISTA program byproviding technical and professional support to VISTA members to ensure a positiveVISTA team experience
- Develop and facilitate monthly meetings that include trainings, service projects, team celebrations, and networking events, adjusting for COVID-19 restrictions
- Provide ongoing mentoring for VISTA members
- Enhance recruitment strategies
- Project manage high-volume recruitment processes
- Develop professional and personal skill building resources for VISTAs
- Increase the WACC VISTA program's presence on social media
- Promote VISTA impact to stakeholders
- Create and implement strategies to engage VISTAs as a critical part of WACC's mission to advance the public purpose of colleges and universities, help students become engaged leaders, and strengthen communities
The applicant to this position should have previously served a full term as either an AmeriCorps member, VISTA member, or Peace Corps member.
See our website for more information:
How to apply
Submit your application via the myAmeriCorps portal: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=35237&fromSearch=...