GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Habitat ReStores are a division of Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver (HFHMD). The ReStores’ purpose is to generate revenue through the sale of purchased and donated building materials as well as related household items. This revenue is used to support the activities and programs of Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver.
The Habitat ReStore Donation Scheduler performs the daily operations of the donation call center and plays an integral role in the communication and customer service efforts of the ReStores. The Scheduler is responsible for generating positive donor interactions, scheduling donation requests and efficiently and effectively routing donation pickups to meet the needs of all ReStore operations.
• Communicate with donors in a positive, engaging, and helpful manner by phone and email.
• Schedule donation pickups for all ReStores using online scheduling software.
• Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve all software issues.
• Route all donation pickup schedules in the most effective and efficient way.
• Connect with both internal and external customers in a timely and productive fashion.
• Process donation scheduling payments and research and resolve any disputes.
• Maintain an understanding of acceptable donation items and be able to effectively communicate this information while preserving a positive interaction with donors.
• Support the coordination of ReStore activities that utilize our truck fleet.
• Provide relevant information regarding, weekly donations and schedule changes to the Logistics Field Manager, Store Managers and Director of Retail Operations.
• Train, supervise and support any volunteers who assist call center operations.
• Collaborate with other departments to communicate ReStore information and policies to the Denver community.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of Habitat for Humanity and the ReStores and the ability to engage donors, customers and volunteers in our mission.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills with the capacity to convey information to staff, donors, customers and volunteers.
• Ability to remain calm and solution oriented at all times with donors, staff and volunteers.
• Process oriented with the willingness to adapt plans and schedules regularly.
• Understanding of truck and staff capacity for pickup scheduling.
• Knowledge of Metro Denver area and electronic mapping functions.
• Proficiency with MS Office, web-based programs and email systems and the desire to enhance the technology of the call center and truck operation to increase efficiency and improve donor engagement.
• Multitasking and quick decision making
• Experience processing credit card transactions
• Independent and team worker, punctual and dependable.
• Attention to detail while performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files, processing paperwork, working at a desk and computer for significant amounts of time.
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required.
• Prior customer service experience a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB:
• Ability to sit at a desk and work on phones and computers for several hours.
• Willingness to work weekends, some evenings, overtime as required, and holidays.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
• Work is performed indoors in an office environment.
Salary: Starting at $15.00 - $15.56/hour
Benefits available include medical, dental and vision insurance options; 401k savings match; Paid Time Off for vacation, sick and holidays; among other options.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to HRRecruiting@habitatmetrodenver.org