Social Security has provided financial protection for our nation's people for over 80 years. Chances are, you either receive Social Security benefits or know someone who does. With retirement, disability, and survivors benefits, Social Security is one of the most successful anti-poverty programs in our nation's history.
We are passionate about supporting our customers by delivering financial support, providing superior customer service, and ensuring the safety and security of your information — helping you secure today and tomorrow.
The majority of positions at Social Security involve working directly with the public, with multiple positions located throughout the country. Our Public Contact Representatives receive extensive training and mentoring in Social Security programs and state laws. They also speak with beneficiaries about their rights under Social Security laws, gather facts and evidence to establish eligibility for benefits, determine benefit amounts to individuals, and use technology to access and update claims information.
Claims Specialists speak with beneficiaries about Social Security benefits.
- Assist the public by answering a wide variety of questions both in person and via telephone.
- Conduct interviews, investigate situations, and resolve issues.
- Assess relevant information to determine ongoing eligibility for Social Security benefits.
- Interview applicants for benefits.
- Determine a claimant’s initial eligibility for Social Security benefits.
- Analyze evidence that will help make a determination.
- Obtain, clarify, and verify data used to analyze claims and make benefit decisions.
- Analyze a claimant’s benefit payment history.
How to apply
Please send resume, proof of non-competitive eligibility and transcripts (if available) via email to email@example.com