AmeriCorps VISTA provides a wide variety of training and development opportunities before, during, and after service. Take advantage of the many opportunities for gaining knowledge and skills that will support your service year -- and the years beyond.
- VISTA Member Orientation is a virtual onboarding training provided by AmeriCorps VISTA that introduces you to VISTA its mission, history, and policies as well as your roles and responsibilities as a member.
- OSOT: On-Site Orientation and Training is provided by your sponsoring organization once you arrive at the project site and introduces you to the organization, your new community, and the goals of the project.
- Online Courses: This is a series of online courses designed specifically for VISTAs in service. College credit is available for these courses, which are offered several times during the year. Offerings include:
- Volunteer Mobilization
- Resource Development: Fundraising & Grant Writing
- Webinar Series: Webinars developed specifically for VISTAs are presented every month and provide a way to enhance your professional development right from your desk. They fall into two general areas: Life as a VISTA and The Work cover a broad range of topics. All sessions are recorded and are available for later viewing on the VISTA Campus.
- Self-paced Courses and Tutorials: There are many self-paced tutorial and courses on the VISTA Campus to build and enhance the skills and talents you need for service. Topics include, fundraising, volunteer management, and community development.
For more detailed information on each of these VISTA Training opportunities, explore the following resources:
- On-Site Orientation and Training, Member Handbook, Chapter 4
- VISTA Online Courses
- Webinars for VISTAs
- VISTA In-Service Training
- VISTA Forums: These provide a place for VISTAs to support each other with ideas, suggestions, and encouragement. You can use the forums to network, share your questions, concerns, and solutions.