Welcome to Utilizing Volunteers as Project Leaders, presented to you by the Corporation for National and Community Service in conjunction with Hands On Network. Hands On Network, an internationally recognized volunteer management resource organization, has developed a new generation of volunteer engagement techniques — tailored to today’s community service organization.
Project leaders who are properly trained and supported can strengthen your program and expand the work you are able to do in the community.
A project leader is a volunteer who:
- Takes charge of a project or program by coordinating it and being accountable for its successful completion
- Communicates the details of the project or program and serves as a resource for other volunteers
- Organizes, leads, and inspires a group of volunteers before, during, and after their service
- May initiate new projects or programs
- Represents the organization to other volunteers
In this course, you will learn how to develop a framework for volunteer leadership as well as recruit, select, equip, support, and recognize your project leaders.
We hope you thoroughly enjoy this web-based course! For questions and/or to receive additional information or training on this topic, please contact Hands On Network at training@HandsOnNetwork.org.